Wednesday, October 19, 2016

My changing world

This blog is from Living a Longer Healthier Life, a companion guide to Dr. A's Habits oF Health

List Five life style event I would really love to do

  1.  Backpack with my daughter and be able to hike along side her instead of trudging along in the back at a very slow pace.
  2. Bike ride with my daughters along the coast.
  3. Enjoy a hiking trip and not dreading that insane hill I'm about to climb
  4. Go to the beach and feel confident in what i choose to wear
  5. Weight lifting and working out with my best friend


Do my current activities support or prevent me from doing my dreams?
  1. Currently prevents because i quickly lose stamina, get short of breath and have a racing heart when i begin to carry a backpack
  2. Prevent, I easily get fatigued and do see the benefit of driving to he beach to ride our bikes.
  3. supports, I currently do go on hiking trips with my girls and i might dread that insane hill but we get it done.
  4.  Supports, I am confident in all i wear but i would love to still look spectacular in a bikini
  5. Support, able to do this but need to be able to go one my own too. Prevents as well, because we have very full schedules and we have to make time to see each other.
When I am upset, stressed, depressed, angry, sad, bored, tired, or overworked, I tend to sleep or nap, or stay in bed. I have definitely found myself sitting at the sushi bar drinking sake and eating 3-4 rolls of sushi myself. The fish may be good but that is a lot of rice and sauce. So i am a victim of my works candy draw. Especially on slow nights it is so easy to pop open that draw and eat a little of whatever is inhere. It is such a bad habit, i don't even have to be hungry to open that draw to get something out. 



Ten daily choices I make that support my health right now are:
  1. Chicken over other meats
  2. Fish is my favorite
  3. Salads are better then most meals at fast food restaurants
  4. parking further from the store
  5. taking the stairs instead of the elevator
  6. drinking more water
  7. starting this blog/journal
  8. going on hikes with my daughters or going on walks with Tony
  9. thinking about my decision and why i make them
  10. Removing all food post from my Facebook feed to lessen the temptation



No comments:

Post a Comment